- Construction defect disputes
- Owner/contractor disputes
- Vendor disputes
- Professional liability
Mazzarella & Mazzarella is uniquely qualified to represent clients in virtually any construction related litigation. In addition to being a trial lawyer for the past 31 years, Daral Mazzarella has been a licensed general contractor for the past 40 years. His intimate knowledge of building codes and construction practices gives him the ability to anticipate, identify and understand the most important issues in any construction litigation, whether arising out of allegedly defective work, or a dispute between owners, investors, lenders, general contractors, subcontractors, architects or material suppliers. Mark Mazzarella also has extensive experience and knowledge with regard to real estate construction from the “owner’s perspective.” He has been a principal in entities which developed or renovated over 1100 apartment and condominium/loft units. Both Daral and Mark Mazzarella have been recognized year after year by their peers as among the best “Business Litigators” is San Diego. Daral also has been honored as one of the best “Construction Litigators” in San Diego.
Mazzarella & Mazzarella‘s knowledge of the construction business, coupled with decades of successful representation of individuals and companies involved in all types and every phase of construction, provide Mazzarella & Mazzarella‘s clients benefits which they will not find elsewhere. Our clients avoid the time consuming, and expensive, process of educating their attorney regarding the technical issues involved in construction litigation. Our interaction with clients and experts is enhanced significantly by the combination of our legal and construction-related knowledge and experience. Most important, our knowledge of the technical and practical issues in construction litigation gives us an advantage when examining witnesses or reviewing documents, which gets us better results, whether in settlement or after trial.
- We have represented numerous owners of multi-million custom homes in disputes with architects, engineers and contractors.
- We have represented both property owners and a variety of contractors and suppliers in products liability suits.
- We successfully represented the owner of a large hotel in a suit against an architectural firm to recover over $7 million in damages for negligent design.
- We recovered significant damages for a hotel owner in the East Village damaged by soil subsidence caused by neighboring construction.
- We represent a property owner in a dispute against an environmental engineering firm seeking over $1 million in damages for mitigation work.
- Manchester Financial/”Papa Doug” Manchester