A business dispute can quickly threaten to derail your company and cause you an extensive amount of harm. You may lose suppliers, customers, and profits, all while your reputation is tarnished. Whether you’re facing breach of contract issues or problems with a partner, you need a strong litigator on your side. Don’t make the mistake of seeking representation from a general business law attorney. Here’s why:
- Litigation is highly specialized: If you need to take immediate legal action or defend yourself from accusations of wrongdoing, then you need someone on your side who can go into court and go toe-to-toe with the other side. This requires not just knowledge of applicable business laws, but also the rules of evidence and the trial rules. If you end up represented by someone with limited litigation experience, then you run the risk of missing out on strong legal arguments that could position you for success.
- A litigation attorney could save you money: Litigators aren’t afraid to go to trial. General business attorneys, on the other hand, may be more willing to settle your case. This can leave you with an outcome that is far less than you deserve, meaning that you could be losing out on significant amounts of money, regardless of whether you’re the plaintiff or the defendant in your case.
- You need to know how to tell your side of the story: A lot of people think that they can just go into court and tell the truth and everything will be okay. But the reality is that people get nervous in court, which leads them to getting tripped up and saying things that are taken out of context. An attorney who is experienced in business litigation can help prepare you for trial, though, so that you enter the courtroom calm, comfortable, and ready for whatever the other side might throw at you.
- You’ll have a better idea of your options: A business litigator is going to have a better sense of where your case stands from a litigation perspective than a general business law attorney will. This means that you’ll be better positioned to make the fully informed decisions that are right for you.
- Your stress will be alleviated: When your case is in the hands of a competent litigator, you’ll find that your mind is put at ease. This is because an experienced business litigator will be confident in his or her abilities and in his or her assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of your case. This view can be relief to those who are stressed by their business disputes.
- The other side is going to have a litigator on their side: If your case is headed to trial, then you should expect the other side to be aggressively represented. Therefore, if you want to maximize your chances of succeeding in your case, then you need an equally assertive and knowledgeable attorney on your side. You’re probably more likely to get this from a business litigator.
Don’t bet your business on the wrong representation
You have a lot of options when it comes to legal representation, and we know that the process of choosing the right attorney can be daunting. But experience and track record are important. They can be indicative of the approach that your legal team is going to take in your case and the strength of the legal arguments that the firm tends to make. If you’d like to learn more about where our firm falls in that regard, then we encourage you to continue to read about what we have to offer our clients.