Chandra L. Moore
- Business Litigation
- Land Use and Real Estate
- Product/Premises Liability
- Construction Defect Litigation
- General Liability
A results-driven attorney, Ms. Moore offers over twenty years of success in business litigation, real estate litigation, product/premises liability, mass tort litigation, general liability, employment law and construction defect litigation. She is a skilled advocate, advisor and negotiator, with extensive experience preparing for and handling all phases of litigation, including mediation, arbitration and trial.
Ms. Moore began her practice as a clerk at Haight, Brown & Bonesteel LLP in 1998. She worked her way up to partner in 2008 before venturing out on her own in 2014 and starting a consulting practice, where she remained until teaming up with Mazzarella & Mazzarella as Of Counsel in 2019.
Ms. Moore’s recent notable trial experience includes participating in a 5-week trial in 2018 in defense of a $50 million asbestos claim, and second chairing a 6-week trial in defense of a $40 million catastrophic injury product liability claim.
Business, Real Estate, Product/Premises Liability, Toxic Tort & General Experience:
- Developed and implemented innovative and successful discovery, litigation, trial and settlement strategies
- Litigated hundreds of cases from inception to resolution. First and second chair jury trial experience.
- Represented international client for 16 years, including defense of catastrophic personal injury and death cases against claims of design, manufacturing and warning defects.
- Represented America's largest broad line Fortune 500 closeout retailer for 15 years with respect to a wide variety of substantive matters including product liability, premises liability and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Successfully defended numerous clients in defense of asbestos-related toxic tort claims.
Employment Litigation Experience:
- Experience handling and litigating the following state and/or federal claims: race/age/gender/sexual orientation discrimination, harassment, Wage and Hour and ADA.
- Major responsibilities included: advising clients on harassment, litigation prevention, risk management, investigations, policies and procedures, new law updates, employee terminations, and employee discipline.
Construction Defect Litigation:
- Defended general contractors, subcontractors and developers in all phases of litigation, from inception to conclusion. Conducted site inspections, handled all phases of discovery, worked with experts, prepared cases for mediations and trial.
Ms. Moore is a distinguished member of the Lawyers Club of San Diego and has co-chaired various committees, including the Leadership Development Committee, the Red, White & Brew Fundraising Committee and the Life & Law Committee. Ms. Moore holds a California Real Estate License and enjoys spending some of her free time renovating and remodeling properties. In addition, as a Reiki Master, Ms. Moore volunteers at Sharp Memorial Hospital providing energy healing to patients on weekends.
Ms. Moore stays balanced by meditating and running daily and sharing her knowledge about cultivating a life of consciousness and mindfulness.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- Major: Psychology
- California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Red, White & Brew Fundraising Committee
- Life & Law Committee
- Sharp Memorial Hospital, Volunteer
- Haight, Brown & Bonesteel LLP, Clerk, 1998
- California State Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Committee Co-Chair
- Leadership Development Committee, Co-Chair
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel