Brain injury is a devastating, life-altering injury. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), traumatic brain injury (TBI) is most often caused by:
- Accidental falls
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Collision with a stationary or moving object
- Violence or assault
Responding to external forces, TBI occurs when the soft brain moves within the cavity of the skull. Brain injury also happens when the skull and brain are penetrated directly or when severe movement, like whiplash, causes the brain to strike and recoil, bruising, stretching, and tearing nerve fibers, sometimes irreparably.
Symptoms of traumatic brain injury can present immediately upon injury, or develop in the days and weeks following even a minor accident. Being checked at a hospital or by your doctor is important, but crucial if you experience any of the following:
Brain injury law firm in San Diego
Contacting an attorney experienced with brain injury claims is important if you are injured. Experienced brain injury lawyers in San Diego can help in several ways, including:
- Taking the burden of investigation off you and your family as you try to cope with your injury
- Following up on needed accident reports and other evidentiary documentation that may otherwise be lost over time
- Corresponding with appropriate parties, expert witnesses, emergency responders and other medical providers to compile a strong claim on your behalf
With years of practice with brain injury, the Law Offices of Daral B. Mazzarella, APC provides skilled legal advice and counsel to severely injured clients throughout Southern California.
Working with an established team of health professionals, Mr. Mazzarella pursues maximum compensation claims on behalf of his clients. Mr. Mazzarella enjoys an excellent reputation in our legal community for aggressive and ethical advocacy for his representation of injured clients.
Retaining a lawyer to pursue a brain injury claim may be your most important step toward a new future. Questions to consider when retaining attorneys handling brain injury in San Diego include the following:
- Does your lawyer provide a free consultation to discuss your situation?
- How much successful experience does the law firm have with your specific injury?
- What are the fee arrangements? Will you pay your lawyers hourly or only upon a successful result?
We can help with brain injury claims in San Diego
The San Diego accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Daral B. Mazzarella, APC provides experienced, strategic legal representation and compassionate client service to clients suffering TBI. If you need a brain injury or head injury law firm in San Diego who can successfully pursue compensation claims for brain injury, we can help. Contact us today or call 800-584-3387 for a free, initial consultation.